6 Resources for Becoming a Zero Waste School
1. Green Schools Initiative's Waste Reduction Tools:
- Tips & Tools for a Waste Free Lunch & A Zero-Waste Lunch: One School's Efforts to Reduce School Food Waste
- Districts Save Paper, Time, and Money with Paperless Governance Solutions
- Reduce Your School's Paper Consumption
3. Inika Small Earth Waste Reduction Resources
4. K-12 Online: For a Faster, Greener, Cheaper Registration Process
K-12 Online is a web-based program that creates customized online forms for back-to-school registration, eliminating the need for big paper registration packets. Parents access the system with an access key, update their student's information and acknowledge all mandatory school forms. An integrated webstore makes school purchases and donations a simple.
5. StopWaste.org iRecycle@School Program: 350 Alameda County schools generate 48,000 tons of waste a year -- that's 4% of the waste dumped each year in landfills. For the 2010-11 school year, all public schools in Alameda County are eligible for the free irecycle@school services.
6. Cal Recycle's School Waste Reduction Tools: http://www.calrecycle.ca.gov/ReduceWaste/Schools/